"Perhaps the most impressive of all the cookbook blogs are the three devoted to the 2004 edition of Gourmet magazine's "The Gourmet Cookbook" -- all 5¼ pounds and 1,300-odd recipes of it. Befitting this culinary Everest, all three writers are overachievers in their professional lives."

--Lee Gomes, The Wall Street Journal, May 28, 2008
"I should have told you before how much I've been enjoying reading your thoughts. You seem like such a great cook."

--Ruth Reichl, Editor-in-Chief of Gourmet Magazine, June 8 2008, comment on "Chocolate Velvet Ice Cream".

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The dishes I'm not telling you about

This is the time of year when I cook more than I could possibly describe (and still have time for anything else.)

Here's what I put out for dinner last night (for 9):
sole
Rosemary Focaccia
Sauteed Kale with Bacon and Vinegar
Spaghetti Squash with Moroccan Spices
Fresh Banana Layer Cake

for lunch today(for 13):
Shredded Pork and Lemon Coleslaw Sandwiches
green salad
chips
watermelon

for dinner tonight (for 14):
roasted turkey and chicken
pan gravy
stuffing
roasted sweet potatoes
Sesame Spinach with Ginger and Garlic
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes with Mint
Grilled Tropical Fruit

Oh, and let's not forget EG's birthday cake! She's a 4th of July baby and turns 3 tomorrow. What fun to have fireworks on your birthday every year!

Geez, you might be wondering, that sounds awfully busy for one person! Tell us Melissa, what did YOU eat today?

I'll tell you:
9:00 (at home) Bran Buds with Orange Juice because we're out of soy milk
1:00-2:00 Black Coffee left over from breakfast
2:30 Sourdough Toast with Peanut Butter
4:30 Water
5:30 2 Pieces of String Cheese
7:00 Half a Glass of Rose
8:30 Half a Can of Chocolate-Covered Almonds
9:30 (at home again) More Cereal with Orange Juice
10:00 Martini

Normally I would not eat cereal for dinner but Don is in Florida. Thank God I don't live alone, and thank God even more that he likes to cook dinner for me.

No comments: