"Perhaps the most impressive of all the cookbook blogs are the three devoted to the 2004 edition of Gourmet magazine's "The Gourmet Cookbook" -- all 5¼ pounds and 1,300-odd recipes of it. Befitting this culinary Everest, all three writers are overachievers in their professional lives."

--Lee Gomes, The Wall Street Journal, May 28, 2008
"I should have told you before how much I've been enjoying reading your thoughts. You seem like such a great cook."

--Ruth Reichl, Editor-in-Chief of Gourmet Magazine, June 8 2008, comment on "Chocolate Velvet Ice Cream".

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

a technical note

A few folks have written and asked where they can find these yummy recipes. You can, of course, find them in The Gourmet Cookbook, which is the whole point of this blog, but if you don't want to buy a five pound book (bigger than the Joy of Cooking!) Epicurious.com is the next place to look. And because I'm so nice I'm going to try to provide the link if it exists. You can scroll down and see that I already have one in place for the Grilled Lobster with Chipotle Sauce and the Creme Brulee French Toast.

Wouldn't that be fun if you could cook along with me?

No comments: